|Wind:||WNW 8 mph|
Farmway Coop Inc. acquires Bennington Oil Inc.
Farmway hosts 2nd Helping Our Owners Succeed Summit
Farmway Scholarship Program opens for 2014read more
Where can I find information and application forms about Farmway's Scholarship Program?
Farmway offers 12 scholarship opportunities to high school seniors interested in studying an agriculturally related field. Scholarship requirement and applications can be found in our "About Us" section of the website. Or call Mallory Wittstruck at 785-738-2241 for more information.read more
- Energy Mission
- RFD - Automated Fuel Delivery
- Lubricant Warranties
- Bulk Oil Delivery and Information
- Daily Contract Offerings
- 24-Hour Automated Card Fueling
- Commercial Bids
- Benefits of Premium Diesel Fuel
We strive to provide our customers with profitable products and efficient services at a great value while identifying and evaluating the constantly shifting energy and service needs of our customers. We aim to be an important and active member of our community focused on providing energy needs, services and beyond.
As we work to better provide our customers with value-added products and services, Farmway shows its commitment to environmental stewardship by following EPA regulations and striving to be a leader in the environmental field. SPCC Information * Farms now have less than one year to prepare or amend and implement their Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans. The compliance date for farms is May 10, 2013.
RFD - Automated Fuel Delivery
Are you tired of checking the gauge on your fuel tank and worrying about running out of fuel? Relax. With the convenience of the Cenex automated fuel delivery system, you never have to check your tank or place an order for fuel. Your tank is automatically refilled, so you have a dependable supply of top-quality Cenex fuel on hand at all times.
Here’s how it works:
A fuel sensor and monitoring system are installed in your fuel tank. When your fuel drops below a predetermined level, the monitor sends a refill signal to your fuel distribution center and a truck is automatically sent to fill your tank. Plus, you can check your tank levels and monitor your fuel use and deliveries online at a secure website.
Delivery is available for:
- Commercial businesses
- Farms and Ranches
To find out if this innovative program is available in your area, Give us a call at 785-738-9633 or contact Tracy Haller by clicking here.
This Warranty Can Help You Sleep At Night. Assuming You Stop For Sleep. Since 2005, Farmway has sold more than 90 warranties on new and used equipment. With the use of our oil, we give people peace of mind in the unfortunate event of Fuel injectors to Complete Engine Failures. This is not your everyday Equipment warranty. This is the Best Warranty in the Industry: The Name says it all: TOTAL PROTECTION PLAN (TPP Warranty)
- Up to 10yrs and 10,000 Hrs.: When you use Both Ruby Fieldmaster and Cenex Diesel Engine Oils.
- The most common question I get asked is: "If I use your oil, will my OEM Warranty be void?" Answer: "Absolutely not."
- All of Cenex Lubricants Meets or Exceeds OEM Specifications. That way all you have to do is carry one product line of Lubricants to meet all your requirements for various equipment manufacturers.
- When you purchase the TTP Warranty and use Cenex lubes & fuel, you can feel at peace, knowing you’re fully protected in the event of a breakdown — all for less than $10/month!
- Click HERE to see how others have been protected through TPP Warranty.
- Ask us about Our Bulk Oil Program that ties in with our fuel deliveries and TPP Warranty.
To find out more information about our warranties, call energy specialists JD Bahret at 785-534-9831 or Bill Mikesell at 785-0363.
Bulk Oil Delivery and Information
To order, contact Cody at 785-545-8506.
Daily Contract Offerings
There are 2 contract prices - one 100% prepaid, the other $.30 down
2013 Daily Petroleum Contract Prices*
100% PRE-PAID March-October 2014
RUBY DIESEL: $3.25
CLEAR DIESEL: $3.75
E-10 ETHANOL: $3.35
$.30 Down March-October 2014
RUBY DIESEL: $3.29
CLEAR DIESEL: $3.79
E-10 ETHANOL: $3.39
Here at Farmway, as your Partner in Growth, we have been diligently working on making your heating needs as efficient and affordable as possible.
For more information about the programs or assistance in completing the contracts, please feel free to contact your propane delivery salesman or call 785-738-0717 and visit with Tracy.
Ask about Contracting and our one-of-a-kind Level Pay Program. Call and talk to one of us today or contact us by clicking here.
24-Hour Automated Card Fueling
How to get a fueling card:
Farmway Fueling Sites:
- Belleville: East Hwy 36
- Beloit: East Hwy 24
- *Beloit: Mac's Kwik Stop, 219 S. Hersey St
- Cawker City: Hwy 24
- Clay Center: Bud's Tire, 410 Court Street
- Concordia: 102 W 5th Street
- Concordia: 315 N Broadway Street
- Glaso: Hwy 24
- *Glen Elder: Lakeside Convenience, 2100A 190 Road
- Hunter: 111 S Gaylord Street
- *Leonardville: Mitch's Kwik Shop, 201 Barton Road
- Lincoln: Meyer Tire and Lube, 1982 E Hwy 18
- Miltonvale: 113 SE First Street
- Sylvan Grove: Falcon Service, 415 N. Main Street
- Tipton: Tipton Service Center, 511 Frederick Street
- Tipton Elevator: 108 S. Washington Street
*Convenience Store Locations – pop, candy, tobacco, etc.
Call for a Quote! Contact Tracy at 785-738-0717.
Benefits of Premium Diesel Fuel
PREMIUM DIESEL FUEL
What constitutes a “premium” diesel fuel? According to the National Council on Weights and Measures, “premium” diesel fuel is defined as a diesel fuel that is enhanced with an additive. The Engine Manufacturers Association also accepts this definition. There are currently no enforceable guidelines established for what a premium diesel fuel must contain, so adding a single additive can make a diesel fuel “premium.” In fact, adding the dye to make the fel red can be considered making the fuel “premium.” You should be aware of what additive(s) your premium fuel contains, and the function of each additive.
The following is a list of additives used by fuel suppliers and their main functions:
- Detergents are used to keep your fuel system clean from the tank to the injectors. Depending on the amount of detergent additive, your fuels will either keep your fuel system at its current state or, given enough detergent additives, actually clean your fuel system of contaminates.
- Cetane A compression engine, without the benefit of spark, must have a self-igniting fuel. Cetane is the measure of the ignition delay of the fuel with a higher number indicating a shroter delay, thus a faster start. High cetane results in quicker start, less smoke and emissions and quicker warm ups.
- Lubricity became an issue in 1993 when the industry began producing low sulfur diesel fuel. It certainly is now an issue as the industry continues it’s move towards the Ultra Low Sulfur diesel specifications in the next few years. Lubrication of your fuel pump is necessary to keep your overall maintenance costs and downtime to a minimum. Your fuels should probably contain a lubricating agent and Soy Methyl Ester appears to be a leading candidate.
Generally, you should not store fuel for longer than 3 months or so in an above ground tank. What happens is, the fuel reacts to the oxygen to form gums and varnishes. As the temperature increases, so does this reaction. Any water or rust can accelerate the reaction. Proper amounts of fuel stabilizer will double the fuel’s storage life.
- Rust and corrosion inhibitor. Dirt, water, and other airborne materials cause more problems in diesel fuel than anything else. Good housekeeping can correct, and even prevent, problems associated with contamination.
What can you do?
- If you have an above ground storage tank, make sure it is tilted towards the bottom drain valves to allow for the removal of water and rust.
- Make sure you drain and clean your tank at least once a year.
- Fill your equipment at the end of the day to prevent condensation during the cooler evenings or nights.
- Wait at least two hours after bulk fuel has been delivered before you fill your equipment tanks. All bulk tanks should have filters installed.
- Change your filters in the spring and fall.
- Make sure your nozzles are capped or covered to keep out the contamination.
- Dumulsifier. Water contamination is one of the most critical problems in diesel fuel. It can lead to filter plugging, corrosion, bacterial growth in the fuel, cold weather operability where fuel ices rather than gelling, and serious loss of power.
Water gets into the fuel mainly through condensation in the tanks during storage. As fuel warms up and cools down, condensation forms inside the tank. The water then runs down the sides of the tanks into the fuel, so your above ground storage tanks should be checked and drained of water once a year, or when water is detected.
What is Biodiesel?
Biodiesel is a high lubricity, clean burning fuel and fuel component for use in existing, non-modified diesel engines. It is generally made from vegetable oils like soybean oil, though it can be made from recycled cooking oils and animal fats. Straight Soy oil is the result of crushing soybeans and without being refined cannot be used in combustion engines. Glycerins are removed through the refining process and converted to soy methyl ester. 100% soy methyl ester is also called Biodiesel or Soydiesel. Biodiesel or Soydiesel Blends are a blend of Soydiesel/Biodiesel and Petrodiesel and must contain at least 2% bio to be considered a Biodiesel.
What does Biodiesel do for you? Biodiesel is naturally high in lubricity and cetane, and contains no sulfur or aromatics. It is also biodegradable and dissolves in only 19 days and is non-toxic. You get high lubricity, high cetane, and a cleaner burning engine. It is a renewable resource produced by our farmers.
Be careful of the “claims” of supplier’s fuel capabilities. When a supplier says “up to,” whether they are talking about fuel economy, lubricity additive, or other such claims, that means anything above zero satisfies that “up to” claim. The best suppliers will have test results to substantiate their claims.
Warranty availability. All engine manufacturers have a workmanship warranty. All lubricant manufacturers have a liability warranty. This is nothing new. Does your lube and/or fuel supplier offer any specific warranty to augment the equipment manufacturer’s warranty? It is illegal for an equipment manufacturer to require you to use their brand of oil in order for the warranty to be valid. You are required to service your equipment at the recommended intervals, but you do not have to use their brand of oil. Using any oil with the proper specifications regardless of brand is sufficient.
As demand begins to increase in our traditional ag segment, it is important to remember concerns with biodiesel blends. Following are some key points to remember about theses fuels.
Bio-diesel. Soy-methyl ester has less oxidation stability than both ULSD and traditional diesel fuels, which may result in shorter storage life. In extreme cases of long term storage of diesel/bio-diesel blend (over 6 months), fuel mixture can actually result in phase separation and sedimentation which is when solid materials settle in the bottom of the fuel tank. It may be prudent to take samples of the biodiesel blends for visual inspection and/or send to the lab to be sure phase separation has not occurred.
Check tanks for water contamination using a good water-finder paste and follow instructions for testing.
If tests are positive for water and/or bacteria:
- Drain water from tank.
- Treat with a shock treatment of biocide and change filters.
- Follow up with a preventative treatment every few months
Drain water and bottom sediment before any biodiesel is added to the tank. The biodiesel can have a solvent action that will release rust, scale and sediment in tanks and filter plugging can occur.
The filter should be changed after first load of fule is delivered. Customer tanks should have a 10-micron filter. This will become more important as new engines will use finer filters on their fuel system.
- Tracy Haller
- Bill Mikesell
- Cody Thompson
- Don Brown
- Tom Belden
- Randy Chard
- Shannon White
- Terry Lambert
- Marlin Ouellette
- JD Bahret
Certified Energy Specialist
LP Operations and RFD Maintenance
Sales / Operations
Business Development/Energy Sales
Certified Energy Specialist